Are you in search of ways to send surveys in a Salesforce? Or are you passionate about enhancing your know-how of sending surveys to Salesforce? This article will guide you through sending surveys effectively using Salesforce.
Sending surveys in Salesforce is an invaluable tool for grabbing valuable insights. It helps you capture employee engagement and opinions for your products and services. Surveys allow organizations to engage with their audience and capture feedback.
Whether you are a Salesforce experienced or an experienced person, this article will provide you with an understanding of the process of sending surveys within Salesforce. In this article, guidelines for beginners are provided.
You should expect to gain insights into selecting survey tools, designing practical questions, and leveraging Salesforce automation for efficient distribution. Organizations can collect feedback and make data-driven decisions by engaging with their audience.
Introduction to Surveys
Surveys are the most powerful tool for collecting valuable information and data from different fields. It collects data from academic as well as market research. Structured questionnaires and interviews are the survey types that provide structured information.
Surveys play a very crucial role in the uncovering of trends. It also helps in understanding human behavior and decision-making processes. It can be used to elvaluate customer satisfaction. Surveys enable you to make strategies that are refined.
The survey types vary according to the question you aim to answer. The survey landscapes are varied and rich except for those online surveys. Online surveys have reached the global audience through in-depth interviews and involve personal experiences.
The art of crafting successful surveys is your key to unlocking valuable insightsthat require considering sampling methods, population, and data analysis. In this guide, you will explore the benefits of surveys.
Benefits of Surveys
Surveys offer bundles of benefits to organizations. It helps in enhancing your customer engagement, improving your overall sales, and collecting valuable insights. These benefits are discussed below:
- Surveys allow you to engage with your customer on a deeper level and show them that you value their opinions and are committed to their needs.
- The information you gather from the surveys will guide your business decisions and help you improve your services, products, and processes.
- You can address your concerns by acting upon the feedback of your customers, which can lead to increased customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- By effectively utilizing salesforce surveys, you can have a higher return on the investment.
- Surveys are ideal for gathering data that is quantitative.
- Surveys are more cost-effective than all other data collection methods, such as interviews.
- Surveys play an efficient role in the collection of data from a large number of people.
- Surveys allow respondents to be unbiased toward questioners. They can give objective feedback.
- Surveys can be scaled up or down.
Now, let’s get to the body of the matter – how to create and send surveys in Salesforce.
Creating Surveys in Salesforce
The Creation of surveys in Salesforce helps you understand your customers’ needs and wants. A customer’s participation in a survey plays a vital role in shaping the future of your products.
Salesforce offers a customizable platform for building surveys through its tool, Salesforce Surveys. In this section, we will explore the process of creating surveys in Salesforce, step by step, in detail.
Accessing Salesforce Surveys
You must first access the Salesforce Surveys feature to create surveys in Salesforce. Follow these steps:
- Log in to Salesforce:First of all, log in to Salesforce.
- Navigate to Surveys: After logging in, go to the app launcher (Grid icon) and search for “Surveys .”Click on that to access your Surveys Dashboard.
Creating a New Survey
Now you are on the Dashboard of Surveys. It is time to create a new survey. Here is the procedure:
- Now click on the “New Survey” you see it on the Dashboard. Click on it to start creating surveys.
Survey Details and Settings
Before adding questions and answers, you must set up the survey’s basic details and settings. Here is the guide:
Enter Survey Name
You have to give your survey a name that can easily be identified:
- Select Survey Type: Salesforce Surveys are of two types: Customer Satisfaction and Net Promoter Score (NPS). It would help if you chose the type that best suits your needs.
- Set Visibility: Now choose the visibility. If you want it to be visible to everyone, set it; otherwise, you can choose specific users.
- Define Survey Duration:Now define the duration of your survey. Select the start and end date if you want a specified time.
- Customize Survey Appearance:Now create the survey’s appearance that is customized. Select the themes, colors, and graphics you want in your survey’s appearance.
Adding Survey Questions
Questions are the heart of any survey. Surveys of Salesforce allow you to add various types of questions, comprising multiple-choice, text, and NPS questions. See the steps for adding questions:
- Click “Add Question”: To add a question, click the “Add Question” button within the survey editor.
- Choose Question Type: You need toselect the type of question you want to add, for example, multiple-choice, text, or NPS.
- Configure Question:You need to provide the text of the question, give answer choices, and any additional settings. (e.g., required or not).
- Repeat as Needed:You can add as many questions as necessary to collect the essential data.
Survey Logic and Branching
Salesforce Surveys also do branching based on respondents’ answers and implement logic. This functionenabled you to create changing surveys that adapt to users’ responses. See the process of how to use survey logic:
- Access Logic Builder: In the survey editor section, you must find the “Logic Builder” option for each question and access that.
- Define Logic Rules:Based on the respondent’s answer, you must create rules that specify what can happen next. For example, you can skip to a specific question based on the previous responses of the customers.
- Test Logic:You must test the logic to ensure that surveys work as intended. Before publishing your survey, test the reason to ensure it works as intended.
Aftercreating your survey, it is time to distribute it to your target audience. Salesforce offers multiple ways to spread the surveys:
- Email Distribution:You mustsend surveys to your contacts or customers directly from Salesforce.
- Web Distribution:You need to generate a link to the survey. It is then necessary to embed it on your website, share it on social handels , or include it in email signatures.
- QR Codes: You should create QR codes linked to your survey. It helpsin easy access through mobile devices.
- Salesforce Experience Cloud: You can embed surveys directly within your circle If you have Salesforce Experience Cloud.
Monitor Survey Responses
When your survey is live, you need to keep an eye on the responses to your surveys. You need to collect information for the analysis. Salesforce also provides you with the tools to monitor the reactions of your respondents in real-time:
- Response Dashboard:It is needed for you to access your response dashboard. It helps you to preview your response rates, completion times, and other statistics.
- Export Data:You should export the survey data to analyze it using external tools.
- Notifications:Setting up notifications to be active upon the respondent’s responses is needed.
Analyzing Survey Results
To make data-driven decisions, analysis of survey results is an important feature. It offers features for the in-depth analysis:
- Reports and Dashboards:You should create customized reports and dashboards. It helps you to gain insights and visualize data from the surveys.
- Integration:You should integrate the Salesforce surveys with other tools of Salesforce. Additional tools are Sales Cloud or Service Cloud, which will help you view customers’ feedback.
Closing and Reporting
Once your survey has collected sufficient data and run its course, it is time to close it and generate reports:
- Close Survey:You should access the survey settings to complete the survey to the new responses of the respondents
- Generate Reports:You can use Salesforce reporting tools to generate the reports. It helps you develop the reports that help you interpret the collected data and make informed decisions.
Now, it is time to explore the final step of the survey process, which is taking action based on the gained insights on your surveys. Here are the steps that you can take:
- Customer Engagement:To gain customer engagement, use a survey and address the respondents’ concerns or suggestions.
- Product/Service Improvement:You should implement the changes and improvements regarding survey feedback.
- Marketing and Sales Strategies:You need to tailor the marketing and sales strategies that purely based on the customers’ preferences and feedback.
- Continuous Improvement:You should continuously improve your organization’s processes. It can be done by using and implementing the survey data.
Send Surveys in Salesforce
After creating surveys in Salesforce, it is time to send surveys. Sending Surveysis a valuable practice in Salesforce. It will help you capture feedback from your respondentsand all external or internal stakeholders.
Surveys allow you to capture the complete attention of the respondents about your organization’s performance. Salesforce is offering various ways to send surveys. The guide explores different ways, steps, and procedures of creating and sending surveys.
Using Salesforce Process Builder
You can send surveys in the Salesforce Processor builder. Salesforce Process Builder is a valuable tool that allows you to do various processes, including survey distribution. You can make conditions that make the survey go out during specific events.
Leveraging Salesforce Flow
You can send surveys through leveraging Salesforce flow. It can be set to send surveys in Salesforce. Specific audiences and conditions can also be set to reach the right people at the right moment easily.
Personalizing Survey Outreach
By personalizing the outreach of your survey, you can increase the response rate and engagement rate on your surveys. It would be best to use Salesforce merged fields to insert recipient-specific information, such as their names and recent reactions.
Tracking Survey Responses
To track your survey responses, Salesforce provides built-in tools to follow them. It can also provide the analysis of data. Through it, you can view the statistics on your surveys, like responses, and can identify the improvement areas.
Managing Survey Data
It’s essential to manage and store survey data efficiently within Salesforce. You can use Salesforce objects like Custom Objects or Survey Invitations to store survey data associated with specific records or contacts. This allows you to maintain a comprehensive view of your customer’s feedback history.
Analyzing Survey Data
Salesforce offers reporting and analytics features to help you analyze survey data effectively. Create custom reports and dashboards to visualize trends, By analyzing survey results, one can identify patterns and make decisions based on data.
Sending surveys is not a one-time task; it’s an ongoing process. Continuously gather reviews, analyze the results, and make improvements based on the insights gained. Use this iterative approach to enhance your products, services, and customer experiences.
Compliance with data privacy laws, such as GDPR and CCPA, is crucial when conducting surveys. Ensure that your survey processes adhere to these regulations, and always obtain explicit consent from respondents if required.
Integrating Third-Party Survey Tools
While Salesforce Surveys offer robust capabilities, you may also consider integrating third-party survey tools like Survey Monkey or Type Form if you require more advanced survey features or customization options. Salesforce supports various integrations to connect with external survey platforms.
Training and Support
To maximize the effectiveness of survey distribution in Salesforce, provide training and support to your team members who manage surveys. Ensure that they understand the tools and best practices for creating, distributing, and analyzing surveys within Salesforce.
Feedback Loop Closure
Finally, it’s essential to close the feedback loop. After analyzing survey responses and making improvements, communicate these changes to your customers and stakeholders. Show them that their feedback is valued and that their input drives positive changes within your organization.
Sending Surveys in Salesforce Lightning and Salesforce Classic
Salesforce Lightning and Salesforce Classic are the types of Salesforce.The key steps in both involve the Creation or importing of surveys. It includes setting up a survey invitation, configuring the invitation details, selecting recipients, and sending the survey. The interface of specific user elements may vary slightly between the two versions.
Sending a survey in Salesforce can be done using either Salesforce Lightning or Salesforce Classic, and the process is somewhat similar in both versions. Here is the step-by-step guide on how you can send a survey in both Salesforce Lightning and Salesforce Classic:
Sending a Survey in Salesforce Lightning
To send a survey in Salesforce Lightning, Various methods need to be used, but one common approach is to use Salesforce Surveys. Here is the step-by-step process on how to send a survey in Salesforce Lightning
Create or Import the Survey
To create or import the survey in Salesforce Lightning, the following steps need to be followed,
- You should go to “Survey” in the Salesforce Lightning.
- You need to create a new survey, or you can import an existing one if you havealready.
Create a Survey Invitation
To create a survey invitation, the survey in Salesforce Lightning, following steps to be followed,
- In the Salesforce lightning, move to the “Surveys” tab.
- You should select the survey you want to send and then click on it.
- In the survey details section, you need to find the “Survey Invitations” related list.
Create a New Survey Invitation
To create a new survey invitation in Salesforce Lightning, the following steps need to be followed,
- Now, you should click “New Survey Invitation”to create a new survey invitation.
Configure the Invitation
To configure the invitation in Salesforce Lightning, the following steps need to be followed,
- You need to fill out the required data, including the email of the recipient, the subject, and the message.
- You can also set additional options like the name of the sender, response tracking, anddelivery timing.
To choose recipients in Salesforce Lightning, the following steps need to be followed,
- You can now specify the respondents of your survey invitation by adding their email addresses or using Salesforce contacts, leads, orother objects.
Send the Survey Invitation
To send the survey invitation in Salesforce Lightning, the following steps need to be followed,
- Once you’ve configured the survey invitation, click “Send” to dispatch the survey to the selected recipients.
Sending surveys in Salesforce Classic
The process of Sending surveys in Salesforce Classic involves a slightly different approach compared to that of Salesforce Lightning. Its user interface and features may vary. Here is the step-by-step process on how to send surveys in a Salesforce Classic:
Create or Import the Survey
To create or import the survey in Salesforce Classic, the following steps need to be followed,
- You must go to the “App Launcher” andsearch for “Surveys” in the Salesforce Classic.
- It would help if you created a new survey. You can even import an existing one if you havealready.
Create a Survey Invitation
To create a survey invitation in Salesforce Classic, the following steps need to be followed,
- In Salesforce Classic, you must go to the “Surveys” tab.
- Now, you need to select the survey that you want to send and click on it.
- In the survey details section, find the “Survey Invitations” related list.
Create a New Survey Invitation
To create a new survey in Salesforce Classic, the following steps need to be followed,
- Now, you need to click “New Survey Invitation” to create a new survey invitation.
Configure the Invitation
To configure the invitation in Salesforce Classic, the following steps need to be followed,
- Now, you need to fill out the required data that include the email of the recipient, the subject, and the message.
- You can also set additional parameters like the sender’s name, response tracking, and delivery timing.
To choose recipients in Salesforce Classic, the following steps need to be followed,
- Now, you can specify the audience of your survey invitation by adding their email addresses or availing Salesforce contacts, leads, or other objects.
Send the Survey Invitation
To send the survey invitation in Salesforce Classic, the following steps need to be followed,
- Once you have configured the survey invitation, you should click the “Send” option to dispatch the survey to the selected recipients.
We have discussed in the article that the Creation of surveys and sending them to Salesforce is valuable. It can help the organizationsto gather feedback from the respondents critically. It helps to improve customer satisfaction and reinforce decision-making processes. Throughout this guide , we have explored the key points of effectively utilizing Salesforce.
We have discussed the next steps you can take in the implementation of surveys. It is seamless into your workflow, given data on the additional resources for your further learning. The article offered a call to action in encouraging you to avail yourself of this powerful feature.
First andforemost, Salesforce is offering a platform for the Creation of surveys and their distribution. It allows you to design surveys according to specific needs. The platform has a user-friendly interface and also provides customization options. It makes it easy to craft surveys that stay with your branding and goals.
By harnessing the power of surveys in Salesforce, you can improve customer satisfaction and optimize your business processes. You can get greater success in your sales and marketing efforts. So, take the initiative for informed decision-making and improved customer experiences.